HOME 4 CARE™ is a research study with the primary goal of creating a new mobile app of the same name to improve the quality of life of home health clients. The app is a tablet-based tool that enables home health staff to utilize innovative activities with their clients, get to know their clients better, and receive training in how to provide the best possible care for those with whom they work. The app is a culmination of years of research conducted with persons with memory issues.
We hope that you will consider enrolling your loved one in this low-risk study that has the potential to positively impact the care that your loved one receives.
Research Aims and Rationale
- Develop a mobile app that includes activities, education, and care planning modules.
- Create specialized activities for home health clients using evidence-based activity types that have been shown to be effective with home health clients and others receiving activity programming.
- Generate six training courses for home health staff. These courses will be based on Hearthstone’s premier dementia training seminars that have been presented across the U.S. and in Australia, England, France, and more. The courses will allow home health aides to learn about memory issues, best practices for communicating with clients, how to effectively handle challenging situations during client care, and more.
- Enable health staff to better know and understand the needs and preferences of their clients. We will gather information on their preferences and abilities that will better inform their quality of care.
- Provide staff with a quick and easily accessible resource of information about their clients that will allow them to provide higher quality, person-centered care.